CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER:
This is advanced technical and analytical work with responsibilities for technical consulting on various projects.
Consulting tasks will include aspects of the planning, design, documentation and implementation of any
component of a project which include networks, servers, database, application and package software. The
responsibilities of this position will also include the operational support of servers, databases, networks and package
software as needed. Operational support includes design, testing, systems administration, network administration
and database administration, problem diagnosis, performance and tuning, software upgrades and business recovery.
An employee in this position has full access to all server operating systems, program products, recovery and system
utilities. The employee is responsible for analyzing and recommending system software configurations for any/all
existing platforms. Independent judgment is necessary to accomplish tasks and a high degree of coordination is
maintained with other administrators, analysts, operations personnel, vendors and customers.
This position reports to the Director of Support Services and is evaluated based on quality of results obtained,
conferences, feedback from customers and coworkers and reports.
SCOPE OF WORK:
• Performs project coordination function for the evaluation, installation, monitoring, debugging, audit and
maintenance of software on variety of hardware platforms.
• Assumes the role of project leader in many projects as directed by the Director of Support Services and/or
• Plans, documents and communicates all planned operating environment changes as a result of project planning to
minimize customer disruption.
• Assists Agency Consultants in assessing the needs of the customer to determine the suitability of specific hardware
and software solutions.
• Confers with vendors, other ISS personnel and customers to determine suitability of server software products.
• Writes user documentation as appropriate.
• Leads the installation, implementation and testing of hardware and software upgrades and enhancements when
• Prepares specifications for software and hardware systems that will adhere with company’s technical standards
and be inter-operable with other applications and servers.
• Responds to emergency calls relating to performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing problems or calling upon
• Diagnoses operational problems and develops effective solutions.
• Monitors data integrity and security of servers and software.
• Monitors software products and tracks performance.
• Monitors DASD and CPU utilization for effective capacity management.
• Evaluates placement of data devices for the purpose of optimum server performance.
• Performs sizing/timing routines for system configuration.
• Performs quality reviews.
• Perform related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science,
engineering, statistics or any closely related field; plus, eight (8) years of experience in information systems with
work experience in server administration, database administration, network administration and desktop
administration; or any satisfactory combination of equivalent training and experience.
This position offers a very competitive compensation with outstanding benefits and retirement savings options.